Audio-optimized Film Capacitors
Designated line, custom, foil for high-end audio application
Electrocube, an audio capacitor design manufacturer, offers a full line of audio-optimized film capacitors specially designed and optimized for the high-end audio industry. Whether for professional, commercial, stage or studio applications, these audio film capacitors are preferred by audio engineers for their high grade materials and proprietary design and manufacturing processes.
How do Electrocube audio-optimized film capacitors work?
Precision-wrap and fill, oval/round and epoxy case/hermetically-sealed capacitors store energy for a number of applications such as AC and pulsing, high surges and high frequency/high current/low ESR.
What are some of Electrocube audio line of capacitor features?
- Tolerances available from ±1% to ±20%
- Voltages from 100 VDC to 600 VDC
- Frequencies up to 100 KHz
- Extended electrode construction or non-inductively wound extended foil construction with standard tin-coated, oxygen-free solid copper leads
- Epoxy Resin endfills meet or exceed flammability requirements of UL94V0
- Compliance and certification to worldwide and other environmental standards available upon request; RoHS and Non-RoHS available on most units
- Rated for 100 VDC / 67 VAC, 200 VDC / 135 VAC, 400 VDC / 270 VAC, and 600 VDC / 440 VAC
Want your guitar to sound like rock legends Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton or blues icon B.B. King?
Check out the Electrocube Capacitors in Audio Crossover Networks technical bulletin by our engineering manager (and rock and blues guitarist).
Looking for more specifications?
Electrocube offers a complete audio line of capacitors, both custom capacitors and foil, in modern and retro series, including:
916D Series – Metallized Polypropylene Audio Capacitors
967D Series – Polypropylene and Foil Audio Capacitor
Type AEL Series – High Pulse Low ESR Aluminum Electrolytic Audio Capacitors
Type AENP Series – Non-Polar Design Aluminum Electrolytic Audio Capacitors for Speaker Crossover Networks
Type AM Series – Paper (Kraft) and Foil Audio Capacitors
Type PM Series – Polyester (Mylar) and Foil Audio Capacitors
Type MF Series – Polyester (Mylar) and Foil Audio Capacitors
Type PF Series – Paper (Kraft) and Foil Audio Capacitors
Custom Design/Skunk Works
What audio applications are Electrocube high-end precision capacitors used for?
- Audio amplifiers
- Audio speakers
- Musical instruments (i.e., tone and volume control for bass guitars and standard guitars)
- Other amplifier-capable instruments
What do Electrocube retro design audio capacitors sound like?
Listen to a sample audio recording of electronic components to obtain vintage sound.
Want to know how to choose the best capacitor for your guitar, bass tone, classic sound?
Check out the Electrocube Electric Guitar & Bass Tone Capacitors technical bulletin.
What modifications are available for Electrocube audio capacitors, custom capacitors, foil audio capacitors?
- Protective clear wrap offered on all wrap and fill units
- Molded enclosure with epoxy fill
- Customizable insulating sleeves, mountings, special terminals, non-standard leads, circuit connections and other hardware
- Assorted styles, ratings and customization for unusual requirements necessitated by special circuit applications (including higher IR or lower DF)
- Dimensional variations for all mfd. values available with same volume
- Custom and private labeling/marking or standard label/marking
- With a knack for skunk works, see Audio Heights
How to find Electrocube audio capacitors?
All are available factory direct from our sales team and, as a design manufacturing sales and distributor, the Electrocube brand of electronics capacitors for audio applications is on the line cards of an international network of sales representatives and stocking distributors.
Want to talk to a musician about electronics for classic sound?
Take advantage of Electrocube’s design experience in application engineering as a leading high-end audio industry capacitor manufacturer and supplier to leading guitar manufacturers. Schedule a complimentary consultation with Tom Colella, Electrocube Design Engineer and rock/blues guitarist.