The Electrocube Type MF Retro series is part of a designated line of capacitors specially optimized for the high-end audio industry using design and manufacturing techniques proprietary to Electrocube. Proudly made in the U.S., it offers original vintage tones for guitars and amplifiers in a variety of sizes and configurations. The Type MF Retro series has unique high performance and long life characteristics with its polyester construction, encased in a metal tube, and then hermetically sealed. Creating an old-style soft sound, audio engineers prefer the Type MF Retro series for authentic tonal values in high-end professional, commercial and stage use.
- -55°C to +85°C at rated voltage
- Up to +125°C with 50% voltage derating
- Will withstand 200% at rated voltage and 25°C for a period not to exceed 1 minute
- Current limited to 5 mA
- Will withstand rated voltage for 250 hours at +125°C with not more than 1 failure in 12 permitted
- Will not exceed 0.5% at 25°C
- Measurement frequency for capacitance and dissipation factor will be:
- 1,000 Hz for values up to 1 mfd.
- 120 Hz for values over 1 mfd.
- At rated voltage or 500 V, whichever is less, units will meet minimum values as follows:
- Non-inductively wound, extended foil construction with standard tin-coated, oxygen-free solid copper leads
- Tolerances available to 5%
- Voltages available from 200 VDC to 600 VDC
- Compliance and certification to worldwide and other environmental standards available upon request; available in Non-RoHS construction only
- Customizable insulating sleeves, mountings, special terminals, non-standard leads, circuit connections and other hardware
- Assorted styles, ratings and customization for unusual requirements necessitated by special circuit applications (including higher IR or lower DF)