What are transformers and how do Electrocube transformers work?
Transformers transfer electrical energy from one circuit to another via high-quality aluminum or copper foils for coil windings that increase reliability, efficiency and economy. Electrocube is a transformer manufacturer with many years of experience in manufacturing the most lightweight airborne components for the aerospace industry.
What makes Electrocube transformers light weight?
Necessity led to a company-funded development and testing program to invent, design and manufacture lighter transformers in 1968. Electrocube winds aluminum foil and proprietary termination to the foils to create a high current and a more lightweight transformer compared to standard wire wound transformers.
What are the transformers' features?
Used in a wide variety of applications – from lighting and aerospace to mobile equipment and private avionics – Electrocube high frequency transformers offer:
- Single transformers or multiphase transformers
- 40% average weight reduction over wire wound
- High reliability in comparison to wire wound
- A variety of configurations, including open frame, hermetic and environmental resistant packages
What are the types of transformers?
Electrocube transformers include:
- Aluminum Foil Transformers and Copper Foil Transformers
- Current Transformers (CTs)
- Transformer Rectifier Units (TRUs)
Still looking for more on Electrocube transformers?
Contact an Electrocube design engineer to schedule a complimentary consultation to solve even the most challenging electrical energy problems.