Resistor Capacitor Networks, RC circuit, RC filter
What are resistor capacitor (RC) circuits used for?
Electrocube carries an extensive line of more than 400 precision UL-recognized and ULc-approved RC Networks. Also known as resistors, resistor-capacitors, or RC filters, Electrocube’s RC Networks are designed to prevent or substantially minimize the occurrence of arcing and noise generations in relay and switch contacts.
What types of resistor capacitor circuits does Electrocube manufacture and distribute?
Featuring a wide selection of case configurations with a number of leads, Electrocube RC networks are manufactured both off-the-shelf and made-to-custom design specifications for single-phase or three-phase applications from one network to 40 networks in a container. Thousands of unique suppression designs eliminate surges produced by relays and solenoids.
How do single-phase resistors, single-phase heavy duty RC filters, three-phase resistor capacitors, and three-phase heavy duty RC Networks work?
Arc suppressing Resistor Capacitor (RC) Networks consist of specially designed precision capacitors and resistors connected in a series. Spark discharges and induced noise are absorbed over a wide range by the accumulation characteristic and impedance of the capacitor, while the RC time constant delays and averages surge voltage and oscillations.
What are resistor capacitors made of?
To store surge voltages and current energy and afford protection against inductively induced potentials, RC Networks are:
- Made from dielectric material providing a high degree of voltage withstand strength
- Non-inductive types to ensure a high degree of protection against pulse potentials
- Packaged in cases, which meet or exceed the flammability requirements of UL94VO
What are some features of Electrocube RC filters?
- Single-to-multiple combination
- Metals cans and epoxy cases
- Solid and stranded wire leads with varying length and terminations
- DIN Rail available
- CE is available
- Environmental and governmental compliance
What commercial and industrial applications are Electrocube RC circuits used for?
- Machine tools
- Motor controllers
- Automated equipment
- Industrial appliances
- Elevators and escalators
How to determine RC value?
- Clip directly onto the circuit
- With the aid of storage oscilloscope, select and match various combinations of resistors and capacitors to optimize spike reduction and/or reduce EMI levels
- Once the combination is determined, refer to Electrocube RC Networks data sheets for selection of the proper device based on RC value results
How to find Electrocube resistor capacitors?
Looking for more?
Benefit from Electrocube’s design manufacturing and supply experience in application engineering to solve the most challenging suppression problems. Schedule a complimentary consultation with an Electrocube design engineer. Or visit our documentation library.