Resistor-capacitor Networks, RC circuit, RC filter
What are resister-capacitor (RC) circuits used for?
Electrocube carries an extensive line of more than 400 precision UL-recognized and ULc-approved RC Networks. Also known as resistors, resistor-capacitors, or RC filters, Electrocube’s RC Networks are designed to prevent or substantially minimize the occurrence of arcing and noise generations in relay and switch contacts.
What types of resistor-capacitor circuits does Electrocube manufacture and distribute?
Featuring a wide selection of case configurations with a number of leads, Electrocube RC networks are manufactured both off-the-shelf and made-to-custom design specifications for single-phase or three-phase applications from one network to 40 networks in a container. Thousands of unique suppression designs eliminate surges produced by relays and solenoids.
How do single-phase resistors, single-phase heavy duty RC filters, three-phase resistor-capacitors, and three-phase heavy duty RC Networks work?
Arc suppressing resistor-capacitor (RC) Networks consist of specially designed precision capacitors and resistors connected in a series. Spark discharges and induced noise are absorbed over a wide range by the accumulation characteristic and impedance of the capacitor, while the RC time constant delays and averages surge voltage and oscillations.
What are resistor-capacitors made of?
To store surge voltages and current energy and afford protection against inductively induced potentials, RC Networks are:
- Made from dielectric material providing a high degree of voltage withstand strength
- Non-inductive types to ensure a high degree of protection against pulse potentials
- Packaged in cases, which meet or exceed the flammability requirements of UL94VO
What are some features of Electrocube RC filters?
- Single-to-multiple combination
- Metals cans and epoxy cases
- Solid and stranded wire leads with varying length and terminations
- DIN Rail available
- CE is available
- Environmental and governmental compliance
What commercial and industrial applications are Electrocube RC circuits used for?
- Machine tools
- Motor controllers
- Automated equipment
- Industrial appliances
- Elevators and escalators
How to determine RC value?
- Clip directly onto the circuit
- With the aid of storage oscilloscope, select and match various combinations of resistors and capacitors to optimize spike reduction and/or reduce EMI levels
- Once the combination is determined, refer to Electrocube RC Networks data sheets for selection of the proper device based on RC value results
How to find Electrocube resistor-capacitors?
Looking for more?
Benefit from Electrocube’s design manufacturing and supply experience in application engineering to solve the most challenging suppression problems. Schedule a complimentary consultation with an Electrocube design engineer. Or visit our documentation library.